Ok, now what?
The wedding is over, the band has played, the food has be devoured and the flowers have died (cue sad trombone music). You're home from your honeymoon and now it's time to get back to everyday life.
At least you invested in awesome wedding photography and you'll be able to remember your big day forever!
This page was created to help you figure out what's next and to answer your FAQs.
1. Viewing your proofs
We shot tons of images at your wedding and have gone through all of them to bring you the very best. Blinks, unflattering expressions, and the occasional blurred images have been deleted. The remaining images are available in your very own password protected web gallery.
- Your images are typically ready for viewing 3-4 weeks after your wedding and will remain online for 90 days.
- All galleries will be made available again during the month of November for holiday ordering.
- Keep in mind, your proofs are "straight out of the camera" and have not yet been enhanced in Photoshop. Due to the nature of different devices & computer monitors, they may not look perfect on your screen. Rest assured that all images that are selected for your album, ordered as reprints or as a retouched digital file will be expertly massaged to look its very best.
- Prints, enlargement or retouched digital files can be ordered directly through the built in shopping cart.
- Please share the link and password to your gallery with your friends and families. They may place their own orders though the online shopping cart and we'll bill and ship directly to them.
- Your images can be found at http://proofs.thebecker.com and the password is typically the bride's first name, all lowercase.
- Should you need your images to be reposted online again after the original 90 days, there is a $99 gallery reactivation fee that will give you an additional 90 days of online viewing.
2. Ordering albums
Whether an album is included in your package, or you have decided to order one at this time, it's important to keep in mind that it's a back and forth process to bring your album(s) to life.
These tips will help the process go as quickly and smoothly as possible and ensure that you'll absolutely love your album(s).
We take as much pride in making the albums as we do in taking the photos.
- The process starts with image selection. As you go through your proofing gallery, album selections are made by clicking the star icon below each desired image. Once you have completed you selections, just let us know.
- Helpful hint: On average, most albums average around 2 images per page. If the album in your package includes 30 pages, choose roughly 60 images. You can certainly choose more if you'd like and then you can remove images as necessary. (It's better to choose more images than less, because it's easier to eliminate photos from a spread than to try to add them later, so error on the side of too many images)
- 3 to 4 weeks after your submit your images, you'll be sent a "Rough Draft" of your layout. The images still haven't been Photoshopped and we're just trying to figure out what images go on each page.
- On your "Rough Draft", you'll be able to add or delete images, change the placement of images, or suggest alternate layouts. You may make as many rounds of changes to your "Rough Draft" as you'd like. Most couples do 1 or 2 rounds of changes. Keep in mind that each round of changes usually takes between 2-3 weeks.
- If your "Rough Draft" has more pages than are included in your package, you'll have the opportunity to purchase additional pages (no pressure) or your can decide which pages/images to remove.
- Once your "Rough Draft" has been approved, the images will be retouched* and we will deliver your "Final Draft" 6-8 weeks later. (*Basic retouching is included at no additional charge. Extensive retouching will be done upon request and an estimate will be provided before the work is done).
- You will have 1 last chance to suggest changes or edits to your "Final Draft" without penalty. After that, each change will be subject to a $50 service fee. (Don't worry, most people never encounter these fees as the changes are handled in the "Rough Draft" rounds).
- Once your "Final Draft" is approved, your album goes into production and will be delivered via FedEx within 5-6 weeks.
- Album production typically takes between 4 and 6 months from when you first submit your selection of images. However, if there are multiple rounds of changes, and you don't provide feedback in a timely fashion it could take much longer. 1 bridezilla took 3.5 years to get her album. Don't be that girl!
- Album submissions received after the couple's first wedding anniversary will be subject to a 50% surcharge. (Don't be a slacker... get your order in!)
3. The digital files
- As always, if you have any questions or need any help at all, just ask!
The files will be made available after the last contracted album is delivered.
- If there are no albums included in your package, the files will be made available 90 days after the wedding.
- The high resolution files will be made available via digital download.
- Individual retouched digital files are available for purchase through the online shopping cart.
- The files are available for your personal use only. The copyright of the images remain with TheBecker Photo Co. and may not be uploaded to a photo sharing site without express written permission.
As always, if you have any questions or need any help at all, just ask!
949.370.0073 | email@example.com |Skype: thebeckerdotcom